Hi,

We attempted to run mris_flatten as Bruce suggested to get better flat surfaces:

mris_flatten -p 5 -s 1 rh.full.flat rh.full2.flat

it seems to have run fine, and created an output file.  We are having trouble viewing
the flat surface, actually we can't view any flat surfaces through tksurfer, example:

tksurfer ks rh full.flat

will either produce a memory allocation error on 2 linux boxes (ex:
MRISalloc(30801920, 60): could not allocate faces. Cannot allocate memory) or on
another linux box it just does nothing, no graphical windows pop up, the tksurfer
prompt doesn't come up, and no error messages appear.

all other surfaces come up fine via tksurfer on any of the 3 linux boxes, example:
tksurfer ks rh inflated

any suggestions?
thanks
mark