Courtney,

if i understand your question, i think one way to do that is to use qdec
to draw a label on the blob of interest, and the run 'map label to
subjects', which creates a label file in each subjects label dir, then
you can run stats on that with mris_anatomical_stats.

(btw, i'm putting this answer on the list, as others may have better
ideas.)

n.