Hi Hugh, you can run mris_anatomical_stats passing it the sulc file as
input. This will give you averages within aparc. I'm not sure what you
mean by "measuring cortical folding". What measure would you accept?
There's the sulcal depth and then there's curvature (?h.curv). There are
two types of "normalization". One is intensity normalization which is a
preprocessing step before the segmentation. "Normalization" is also
refers to intersubject registration. Probably you mean the latter.
doug

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.
MGH-NMR Center