Hi Megan

you are correct - you shouldn't need to edit those voxels if the surface is correct.

On Tue, 14 Aug 2012, Herting, Megan wrote:

Hello,

I am new to FreeSurfer and had a quick question about the calculation of
cortical volumes using the aparc2aseg. In the aseg images, "cortical volume"
is sometimes assigned to extra dura at the superior midline of the brain. My
understanding is that this dura will not impact my final gray matter
cortical volumes output by aparc2aseg as the cortical ribbon masks are used
by default to only calculate volume for voxels that fall with in these masks
(lh.ribbon.mgz and rh.ribbon.mgz). Is this correct? (I.e. Should I be
manually removing the aseg areas of dura labeled as "cortical" if they fall
outside the pial surface/cortical ribbon, or will using aparc2aseg take care
of this for me? I want to verify that assuming the latter is indeed
correct!)

Thanks for your help!
MeganĀ

ENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidentialor legally
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosureor
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient,
pleasecontact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of this