Sorry for the mistake:
I wanted to correlate the DTI metrics inside this single voxel with the
concentration of the metabolites (the output of LCMODEL) inside the voxel.

From: freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
[mailto:freesurfer-boun...@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu] On Behalf Of Alshikho, Mohamad
J.
Sent: Monday, February 2, 2015 1:02 PM
To: freesurfer@nmr.mgh.harvard.edu
Subject: [Freesurfer] Calculate the DTI metrics inside a single voxel

Dear Doug and Bruce,
I have a single voxel spectroscopic data (SVS) and a (DTI) data for the same
subjects. I wanted to correlate the DTI metrics inside this single voxel with
the DTI metrics inside the voxel.
In order to do that I used the following steps:

1.       I used mri_convert to convert the T1 slice prescription dicom image to
nii format
         mri_convert  562000-000004-000001.dcm t1_MRS_svs.nii

2.       I genetrate the SVS voxel using the following command line:

mri_volsynth --vol svs.nii --pdf const --dim 40 40 40 1 --res 0.5 0.5 0.5 1
-cdircos <Column vector>  --rdircos <Row Vector>  --sdircos <VOI normal>
--c_ras <VOI position>

3.       I viewed the SVS voxel as an overlay on the T1 image to be sure that
SVS is in the correct position

tkmedit -f t1_MRS_svs.nii -ov svs.nii -fthresh 0.9

4.       I co-registered the T1 slice prescription image with the corresponding
T1.mgz using the following command line:

bbregister  --t1 --mov t1_MRS_svs.nii --init-fsl --reg t1.reg.dat --s subject

5.       I registered the single voxel and the FreeSurfer anatomical space
(svs.reg.dat):

tkregister2 --mov svs.nii --int t1_MRS_svs.nii t1.reg.dat --reg svs.reg.dat
--noedit --subject <subj>

6.       I mapped the single voxel into the anatomical space:

mri_vol2vol --mov svs.nii --reg svs.reg.dat --fstarg --interp nearest --o
svs.anat.nii

7.       I mapped the FA map into the anatomical space:

mri_vol2vol --mov fa.nii --reg svs.reg.dat --fstarg --interp nearest --o
fa.anat.nii

8.       I computed the dti metrics inside the SVS

mri_segstats --seg $SUBJECTS_DIR/${subj}/mri/aparc+aseg.mgz  --ctab-default --i
fa.anat.nii --mask
/autofs/space/marvin_001/users/MRI/WMA/svs/wmvcalc/${subj}/svs.anat.nii --sum
svs_fa.summary.dat

Kindly, Is this plan correct? and do you suggest me any other steps?
I am sorry for this long email but as always I am looking forward to learn from
you.

Many thanks,
Mohamad