Dear Eugenio,

I have a couple of questions regarding the hippocampus subfields
segmentation on the dev FS 6.0 which I hope you could help me with.

We are comparing the volumes of hippocampal subregions of patients and
controls, and we would like to be as consistent as possible with the input
so that the output reflects only the differences we expect to see.

The problem is that we have a large number of controls but not all of them
have the same sequences (T1, T2 or FLAIR) as the patients. So our questions
are:

If the T1s from some subjects have a 1x1x1 resolution and others have
0.8x0.8x0.8 isotropic resolution, do we have to create two groups of
controls and patients for each sequence? In other words, does the
resolution of the T1 affect the freesurfer segmentation in a way that we
can't compare 1x1x1 with 0.8 x 0.8 x 0.8?

Also, we would like to use T2s or FLAIRs as additional inputs to improve
the results. Which sequence is preferably recommended? In our case, most
controls and patients have the same FLAIR sequence, so to keep it
consistent we would probably use FLAIR if that's worth it.

Finally, we also have different T2s: some isotropic, some anisotropic and
partial cooverage of the brain, and some anisotropic that are aligned to
the hippocampus (resolution: 1x1x3, best resolution on coronal slices).
Considering that they are just additional inputs, do they have to be
consistent as well? In other words, should we *only* compare patients and
controls that had the same T2 sequence as additional input and same T1
sequence as main input, or can we "mix and match" the additional inputs?

Thank you in advance for your help,

Renata