External Email - Use Caution

Hi Everyone,

I have access to two large datasets (~600 scans) that were previously
collected, processed, QC'd, and manually edited where necessary in Freesurfer
5.3 with recon-all. However, the data is 0.9 mm isotropic collected in a 3T
scanner. I am attempting to decide if the cost/benefit is worth switching the
pipeline to Freesurfer 7.1 with the -hires flag? The processing time is not the
issue, mainly redoing QC and manual corrections is the concern.

  1.  To publish 0.9 isotropic is it necessary to use the -hires pipeline?
  2.  Is it appropriate to apply corrections calculated in the Freesurfer 5.3
standard pipeline to Freesurfer 7.1 -hires (and double check). Or do the manual
QCs need to be completed from the ground up?
  3.  With the other 2 questions in mind, is it better to just go ahead and
convert the data to Freesurfer 7.1 -hires?

Thank you,
Daniel