Hi,
I'm a bit  confused about the Manual's instructions (latest version)
regarding cutting and flattening surfaces on p. 44.

There are two steps that are confusing me:

Step 3.  "Make closed-line cut."
The illustration associated with this step indicates that one should
use the "Cut Area" button, but I believe this should be the Cut Closed
line button instead??

Step 4.  "Mark and fill region to save."
The illustration associated with this step indicates that one should
press the "Fill" Button, but I cannot find a Fill button, and instead
used the Cut Area to produce a result resembling the left panel of the
illustration.  Finally, I do not know how to create the right panel of
the illustration.  This view does appear after I have saved the patch
and then loaded the ViewCuts surface in Surfer, but does not appear
during the Cutting stage of processing.

Thanks,

Al Kim
Department of Psychology
University of Washington, Box 351525
Seattle, WA. 98195, USA
E-Mail:  [EMAIL PROTECTED];  Tel: (206)543-2395