Hi Arshad,

the average7 surface is a bit of a hack, but it suffices for visualization.
The correct way to do it is quite a bit harder, and I haven't had time for
it (or found an interested student yet). Here is a description:

The spherical morph was used to generate a correpondence between each
vertex in a set of 30 subjects and a supertessalated icosahedron. Each
icasahedral vertex was then assigned the average talairach coordinate
(using Louis Collins' automated talairach alignment procedure) of
all the vertices from the individual subject representations. The process
was repeated for the orig, white and pial surfaces. An inflated surface
representation was then generated by inflating the white surface (as
usual).

cheers,
Bruce