Hi Petr,

this almost certainly means that you didn't  reinflate after running the
topology correction, so that there is no longer a correspondence between
the orig (which has been corrected) and the inflated surfaces. The reason
the orig doubles in size is that the corrected surfaces have to be
triangular, whereas the uncorrected surfaces are quadrangular and hence
have 1/2 the number of faces. Try rerunning mris_inflate (and possibly
mris_smooth) to regenerate the smoothwm and the inflated surfaces.

Bruce