Dear Bruce et al,

Do you know where in tksurfer startup the initial window position and size are set?

My linux installation and hardware can't give me really high resolution, so every time tksurfer and tkmedit startup, the window position is off screen and too large.  Maybe other people have this problem too?

I've discovered a couple of tcl commands, move_window and resize_window, that work at the tcl prompt, but I haven't figured out how to have these commands automatically executed every time.  I've seen some suspicious looking "wm" and "geometry" commands in freesurfer_alpha/lib/tcl/tksurfer.tcl (or somewhere like that), but no changes there had the desired effect.  If someone there knows about this and has some tips on adjusting the window position and size automatically, please contact me.

With frequent use of tkmedit and tksurfer, it gets really annoying having to move and redisplay the windows all the time.

Maybe you can put a window position and size parameter in the csurf preferences?

Cheers, Darren

--
Darren Weber, PhD Student
Cognitive Neuroscience, School of Psychology