I'm having problems running tksurfer on a couple Linux machines (they are
running a modified version (MIT athena) of RedHat 7.1).  Here is the
output of the log window:

env tksurferinterface=csurf patchname=
/raid-5/new_fs/freesurfer_alpha/bin/Linux/tksurfer -010719ao rh inflated
-tcl /tmp/TmpTclSurf.3275
Couldn't create output file
.xdebug_/raid-5/new_fs/freesurfer_alpha/bin/Linux/tksurferltMNIread: could
not open file
/raid-5/time/reconstructions/010719ao/mri/transforms/talairach.xfm
No such file or directory
tksurfer.tcl: startup done
Window type not found!
surfer: current subjects dir: /raid-5/time/reconstructions
surfer: in subjects "scripts" dir
surfer: session root data dir ($session) set to:
surfer:     /mit/nklab-5/time/reconstructions/010719ao
surfer: /raid-5/time/reconstructions/010719ao/mri/T1/COR-.info
surfer: Talairach xform file not found (ignored)
surfer: vertices=126867, faces=253728
tksurfer: interface: /raid-5/new_fs/freesurfer_alpha/lib/tcl/tksurfer.tcl
tksurfer: run tcl script: /tmp/TmpTclSurf.3275
surfer: single buffered window
surfer: curvature read: min=-1.540000 max=1.190000

The "surfer tools" window shows up, but no output window appears with
the inflated brain.  This is for a subject that we have not yet
Talairached.

However, when I run csurf (and tksurfer) on the same subject on machine
that has an earlier version of RedHat (ie, MIT athena) installed,
everything works perfectly.

The only difference in the log files between the two machines (of course
ignoring the tmp files) is the line (for the machine that doesn't work)
"Window type not found!".

Now, it would be impossible for me to describe all of the differences
between the two RedHat versions here (since MIT changes the default
distribution radically when releasing new versions of Athena); however,
the only relevant difference I can discover between the two systems is a
difference in TCL-TK versions.  For the system where tksurfer works, it
has TCL-TK version 8.0.5 installed, while for the system where tksurfer
doesn't work, it has TCL-TK version 8.3.1 installed.  Do you know of any
issues between these two versions of TCL-TK that might cause this problem?
Or is there any clue in the log file that you might be able to use to
point me in a new direction to look?

Thanks,

Nick Knouf