When using the the snapshot distribution fsa-20020917.tar.gz I get the
following error messages when running:

mris_convert -c thickness rh.white rh.thickness.asc

MRISreadBinaryCurvature: incompatible vertex number in file
./rh.thickness

the ascii file output, but all thickness values are zero:

000 12.61563 -89.76370 -3.82580 0.00000
001 11.95849 -89.71229 -3.96183 0.00000
002 10.82764 -89.53942 -4.15206 0.00000
003 10.03118 -89.17944 -3.95924 0.00000
004 14.26332 -89.59046 -5.39858 0.00000
005 13.91159 -89.66550 -4.88632 0.00000

The error file from subject/scripts reads (I am not sure from what I did
to get this error, but...):

MRISreadVertexPositions(/home/brian/FREESURFER_data/laura/surf/rh.thickness): surfaces
differ.

vset_read_vertex_set: MRISreadVertexPositions failed

MRISreadVertexPositions(/home/brian/FREESURFER_data/laura/surf/rh.thickness): surfaces
differ.

vset_read_vertex_set: MRISreadVertexPositions failed

MRISreadBinaryCurvature: incompatible vertex number in file
/home/brian/FREESURFER_data/laura/surf/rh.pial
MRISreadBinaryCurvature: incompatible vertex number in file
/home/brian/FREESURFER_data/laura/surf/rh.inflated

Am I doing something wrong and/or should I go back to an older
mris_convert?

thanks a bunch.

brian