Hi Darren,

yes, I think what youu are doing is essentially correct. Don't worry
about the .gcs or tissue_params files, they have nothing to do with the
spherical morphing. The .tif file you create should be a normal multi-frame
tif, with 9 frames in it, made up of 3 sets of 3 (mean,stderror,dof).
These are statistics on the geometric properties of the group of subjects
you gave to mris_make_template in a spherical parameterization (longitude
and lattitude). You should be able to view them in anything that knows how
to read multi-frame tif files I would think.

cheers,
Bruce

p.s. Note that the dof frame has only 1 nonzero element (the 1st), which
should be the # of subjects that make up the template.

Bruce Fischl                       email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mass. General Hosp. NMR Center.    tel:(617)-726-4897
Rm. 2328, Building 149, 13th Street fax:(617)-726-7422
Charlestown, MA 02129   USA