Hi Brenna,

is the version that you have from Oct 2001 or Oct 2002? While the latest
"official" release of FreeSurfer is from Oct 2001, there is a snapshots
page (ftp://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/pub/dist/snapshots/) from which
you can download the most recent version (usually no more than a few
weeks old). The issue with vss-surfvit is resolved in the newer
versions.

Also, you many want to check out a new script called recon-all (see
http://surfer.nmr.mgh.harvard.edu/docs/recon-all.help.txt). recon-all
will handle virtually all of the reconstruction from inside a single
script.

doug

--
Douglas N. Greve, Ph.D.