Hi Darren,

the -log10(p) transform simply means you're looking at the exponent, with
increasing values meaning more significant. For example, if your threshold
were set to:

fthresh = 1
fmid = 2
fslope = 1

nothing with p>1e-1 would be colored, the mid point of the color scale
would be p=1e-2 and the full saturation would be fmid+1/fslope=1e-3.
If fslope is too confusing (which it is to most people) you can set fmax
instead.

Note that in your example you should be using log10 not log:

-log10(0.05)

ans =

    1.3010

so setting fthresh = 1.3 would give you an effective threshold of .05
(instead of .1 in the example above).

cheers,
Bruce

Bruce Fischl                       email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mass. General Hosp. NMR Center.    tel:(617)-726-4897
Rm. 2328, Building 149, 13th Street fax:(617)-726-7422
Charlestown, MA 02129   USA