Hi Xiangchuan,

I suspect that something else is still wrong with your volume. The "max
same neighbors" flag to mri_fill is an old one which causes it to apply a
rank filter (like a median) to the filled volume to remove small holes and
thin strands. We haven't used it since the topology correction was
implemented. Could you please send us the log file of the filling with the
default value for "max same neighbors"?

cheers,
Bruce