I'm working on a setup with several networked FreeSWITCHes based on a central
FS and one or more satellite FSs. The boxes are connected to each other with
IAX, SIP over VPN or another protocol. In the choice of the protocol the
presence issue mentioned below should be considered, and the real life
practicalities such as routers, NAT and connections with packet loss.

I find the directory facility as a good tool for expressing the topology on
each server, where the dial-string in the directory can be used to beak out of
the box into some of the other boxes via the central unit.  When I dial out
from a phone, the presence information is updated OK on same phone and other
phones on the same box.

I would like to keep track of the presence of the users on the other boxes as
well. Any suggestion on to how the presence information scan be propagated to
all boxes in the network.

Jon BrĂ¼el
Consiglia Telecommunications
DK-2960 Rungsted Kyst