2009/4/14 Dmitry Timoshkov <dmi...@codeweavers.com>

> "Oran Agra" <o...@monfort.co.il> wrote:
>
>  Waiting to see your suggested solution.
>>

> I'd once again suggest to stop making FreeType code ugly and force
> broken platforms to upgrade their compiler toolchain instead.

Actually, I'm trying to make the code easier to maintain and comprehend.

There are already quite a few wacky things in the way we currently manage
modules/drivers/renderers/services, and we could certainly make the
internals
simpler and easier to manage in various ways.

Even the build system could be slightly improved to require much less
verbosity,
from a higher-level description of modules, their dependencies and other
stuff.

> Especially since it's been stated that not all code was/will be
> "converted". There is no need to do the compiler/linker job in
> the source code.

Yes, the PIC support is problematic because if we want to change internals
in a
significant way, we'll need to modify all these crazy macros as well.
Converting
the rest of the source code is a huge task, and I now don't think there is a
simple way
to do that simply relying on the C pre-processor.

I think that if we don't find a convenient meta-programming approach to
generate
the PIC support code, we should simply scratch it from the main branch. We
can
still put it in a separate branch for the people who depend on it, where
they'll be
free to update it and integrate mainline fixes as they see fit.

- David