skia python 116.0b2 is out. You can get at it with "pip ... --pre ...". Part
of the release notes:

"It concentrates on OT-SVG, and fixing these two issues ...

Some COLRv1-related Skia internals from upstream's on-going effort in this area
are also exposed for access. This experimental functionality is available to
Linux/FreeType users only."

Since upstream skia m117 is out already, the next skia-python isn't 116b3, but
117b2 or 117b3. Between v87 and v116b2 is about 5000+ lines of code difference.
I estimated that it will need ~30,000 to release 116 proper... so it will be
another year or 10 betas or so, up to at least 130.0b2 :-(.

Upstream skia m116 to m117 is about 800 commits, or about 20+ changes per day.

That said, important old APIs are emulated. Most of not-working v87 parts are
either rarely used or upstream decided to withdrawn, so most people won't
notice the difference or miss anything by moving to 116b2 (hopefully).

    On Thursday, 27 July 2023 at 00:43:00 BST, Hin-Tak Leung