Hi,

Sorry for the mess of emails. This is my first time using a mailing list, and
I'm still getting the hang of it.

I'm aware that when drawing text, all glyphs should be aligned on a single
baseline. The example I've given does not do this; it aligns the text on
different font's baseline, causing the inconsistent look.

When I'm talking about "aligning the baselines", I'm referring to choosing a
suitable baseline from different fonts. I use the term "baseline" loosely as
when rendering text from top to bottom, the ascent value is used. Initially, I
plan to calculate a global baseline from all the fonts by averaging their
respective baselines. Another way is to pick the "lowest" baseline (as in the
highest ascent value) as the global baseline. I'm unsure of what strategy to
use, so I'm curious about what approach do other applications use to solve this
problem.

Kelvin