Hello Manuel,

nice to hear from you!

> Lately, I stumbled upon the FreeType webpage.  I cannot help to
> think that its current design does not pay tribute or properly
> represent the quality, scale, and impact of this project anymore.

Well... :-)

> If you agree I would consider working on some of the low-hanging
> fruits that would re-align FreeType's web design with the current
> zeitgeist:
>
> • Reform the Logo
> • Amend the webpage typography
> • Slightly tweak the webpage layout
> • Slightly modernize the CSS to make the content mobile-friendly
>
> The first criterion would be to keep the footprint very small (In
> the ballpark of what is currently online).

This sounds great!

> If interested, I would need to fork the current website, somehow,
> so that I can work on a proposal.

It's a bit more convoluted to fork FreeType on freedesktop.org since
you have to request permissions.  I suggest instead that you register
on

  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/users/sign_up

and I give you developer permissions for

  https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freetype/freetype-web

so that you can create a branch directly in our repository.  To do
that, I need your registered user name.  Would that be OK for you?

    Werner