Aubin Paul wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 23, 2003 at 12:09:32PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> Right now you have to build all files inside the directory to get this
>> information. For mp3s, this takes a lot of time. But when we integrate
>> mmpython, we could check if this dir is cached by mmpython and than we
>> can get number of files, album and artist (based on the informations
>> from the files inside) [1], total time, etc.
>
> Couldn't we just add up the information from the audioitem cache?

We could try it. But after pre5 is out I will move to mmpython and it
is possible. I don't want to write the code twice. I only wait with
mmpython because the runtime isn't ready (I hope it is now)

>> [1]  I don't like the cover search to be usable on items, it should be
>>      an itemmenu for the upper directory.
>
> I think both places makes sense. The thing is, if you have single mp3
> files with tags, you may want covers for those, but also for
> directories. As it stands, the directory name may not be enough.

OK, for files amamzon will create filename.jpg and for directories
cover.jpg

> In my case I have
>
> Artist/Album
>         Album
>         Album
> Artist/Album
>         Album
> etc.
>
> Which is a pretty common way or sorting and the album name alone may
> give a zillion results.

Yes, but the cover-script could just take one mp3 file from the
directory and take it's artist/album name and ignore the directory.

Fast, cheap, good: pick two.