Aubin Paul wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 12:40:21PM +0200, Dirk Meyer wrote:
>> I just started and looked into musicsqlimport.py. Looks very easy to
>> me. Is it possible to add 'data', too? With data I mean no string or
>> integer, but maybe images (thumbnails from images and covers from
>> mp3). It would be nice to have the following functions:
>
> I'm not to sure why we'd put images into the database; it just makes
> the database large, but it's not like we could "query" on images or
> anything... what would you want to use it for?

They are part of the information about the file. When I query for all
images with the location 'siena' (some from my last vacation), I want
to get a list of all images including everythin mmpython knows about
the file. And a very simple reason: the database will be faster than
open every image file to get the thumbnail.

> One last question; how should we structure the "playlist" files? The
> playlists need to have a query or something that suggests some logic.
> A query would be simple enough, like this in a file
>

> <freevo>
>     <smart_playlist>select songs from music where
>     play_count=max(play_count) limit 25</smart_playlist>
> </freevo>

That's ok for now. It would be nice to have a web interface for all
the query stuff, e.g. I write the select for the mp3 playlist (or all
images from 'siena') and the webinterface will give that playlist to
Freevo and freevo displays/plays it.

Beta. Software undergoes beta testing shortly before it's released.
Beta is Latin for 'still doesn't work.'