Hi,

On 04.01.2015 13:16, Pablo Casas Estévez wrote:
> INFO stack(137): delete menu with only one item
> ERROR client(351): Received notification from beacon server for unknown
> query id 13
> ================= ... but it works...more or less. Do I have to
> configure something at config-file?

There were several nasty bugs in Freevo and kaa.beacon when going into
directories while the metadata is being generated. Since mine is already
scanned, I did not see it. Update and it should work. BTW, always update
Freevo AND all required kaa modules to be sure it works together.

> ## "Freevo2 always on top" issue
> ===================
>
> "Freevo2 always on top" issue has gone once I have deactivated 3D
> acceleration on the virtual machine. The same has happened with the
> spontaneous ins and outs of the freevo windows and crashes on the
> screen. Now, animations go a bit slower, but it works for testing. I
> think 3D issue must not show on a real machine.

No, works fine here. I guess it is vm related.

> ## Playing music:
> ==========
> I would like to see the info-box song while I listen to music, now it is
> shown when a song starts and after 2-3 seconds it fades out showing only
> the background.
> I've seen that if I seek forward it comes again, but after 2-3 seconds
> it fades out again.

It is a feature :) Today was the last vacation day for me. So to avoid
the idea getting lost, can you add an issue on the github issue tracker.
As a short fix, you can adjust to timeout value in the audio.xml file to
a very high value (search for autohide=5, two matches)

> ## At config file: ('scan' variable)
> ==========
> I get this for pictures config.
> # | The variable 'scan' is hours between automatic rescan. If
> # | the value is 0, the directory will only be scanned if not
> # | known to Freevo. If set to -1 the directory and all
> # | subdirectories will be monitored for changes.
>
> If this is the same for audio config, it should be also next to audio
> config in order to explain what is 'scan' variable.

Fixed.

> ## Browsing audio
> ==========
> (see pictures "screenshot1.png" and "screenshot1b.png")
>
> When selected object is a folder: It makes no sense repeat the name of
> the album below the picture. It would be more interesting showing some
> other information such folder contents, total time...  instead.  (see
> screenshot1b.png)

Done

> On the other hand I can't distinguish if item is a folder or is a song.
> Maybe songs should add its track-number (or its length) in some way (I
> mean by retrieving them from its own metadata, an not from its file-name).

It is confusing for audio items without a trackno. It will look like a
directory. But I'm open for other ideas.

> ## Showing album's covers
> ===========
> Well, I've scaled freevo2 at 1.77777 aspect to simulate a full HD
> (1066x600px). Square covers are not deformed, but if I change to
> "default" size 800x600.... covers are stretched. I don't like very much
> to see deformed images. The same happens at other resolutions that
> aren't 1.7777 aspect. (see screenshot2.png).

Yes. The theme is designed for 16:9. For other resolutions a different
theme file is required. Right now the GUI will always rendered in full
HD and scaled down to your window size.

> ## Full Screen option
> ===========
> Although I set Full-Screen at config-file freevo2 continues in a window
> named "python". (see screenshot3.png) and it is under dash and system
> menu ribbon. I think it could be unity environment, but I'm not very sure.
> Does freevo2 intended to be used in a desktop environment? or it is only
> for dedicated machines (without desktop environment)?

The idea is to have a media PC with Freevo always running fullscreen
without window manager.

> ## Detach player option
> ===========
> ¿Is the Detach music player available? ¿what is the key?

It is not working right now. Again, please add an issue on github.

> Maybe I'm wishing too much. But I think these are the minimal questions
> to solve to get audio menu working fine.

I'm happy to get feedback for 2.0. It works great for me and I would
love to have more people using Freevo 2.0 and maybe start writing more
plugins.

Regards,

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
groups -- alcohol, caffeine, sugar, and fat.
                -- Alex Levine