Hi,

On 10/10/2015 09:27 PM, Hartmut Schäfer wrote:
> before I begin, let me thank Dischi and all the people who else worked
> on this project for their great work. I am using Freevo since 2004
> (starting with version 1.5.0, later switching to 1.5.3 and not upgrading
> since then), and I am a big fan of it (and of Python). For me, there's
> no alternative in simplicity, functionality and pragmatism.

Thanks

> This work turned into a far bigger project than I initially intended,
> keeping me busy (with some interruptions) for almost two years now. I
> was lucky that there were no commits during this time, so I wouldn't
> have to address a moving target (although it's a pity that the community
> seems to have moved away from Freevo; for me it's NOT dead as the patch
> shows: it's ready now for another 10 years).
>
> The result of my work are the attached huge patch for Freevo and the one
> for kaa (I'm not entirely sure if I crafted the kaa XML correctly
> because I wrote my config_dvbstreamer.py by hand). I initially intended
> to dissect the result of my work into separate patches for one issue
> each before submitting, but as work progressed (you will note that I
> have completely rewritten core parts of the recordserver), this became
> increasingly difficult and finally impossible. I'm sorry for that, but
> I'm sure that I have done a piece of solid work that can be taken as a
> whole and will turn Freevo into a new release everyone will embrace. The
> long development phase during which I increasingly used this
> installation for productive recording caused a fair amount of testing to
> be accomplished. I thus consider the result to be pretty stable now.
> Although, nobody knows really...

Did someone else test this and is this a good patch? Does old stuf still
work and does it break someting he does not use? I'm using the Freevo 2
trunk so I cannot test this. If the patches are good, someone could put
them into a pull request and I would merge them to github.

> I would be glad if my patches were integrated into the freevo1 and kaa
> projects. Thank you again for all your great work, and I hope you will
> enjoy mine too.

Looks like great work, too. If the 1.x users agree and create a pull
request, I will merge it.

Regards,

Woodward's Law:
        A theory is better than its explanation.