>From the list here: http://freevo.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/doc/Installation
I'd say go with Ubuntu, it's a 700MB iso for the distro and it's easy to
install freevo via apt-get once Ubuntu is installed.
If you have a slower machine it's really easy to build freevo for slackware,
just install all the dependencies and it works! It just takes a good hour to
hunt down all the dependencies and compile them, but after that it's smooth
sailing.

nikosapi