On Monday 25 December 2006 18:22, Stephen Rowles wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
>  I made the mistake of buying a Hauppauge Nova-T usb stick. It would
>  appear that the driver doesn't work property, and I guess people are
> not reading the linuxtv-dvb mailing list, or don't know how to fix
> the driver problems :(

        I have a pinnacle PCTV usb that has the same problem. People on
videolinux mailing list report that the problem is the poor usb 2.0
implementation/power on most motherboards. After someone had success
with it, I bought a pci usb card, but didnt had enough time to try.

        If you are using your usb stick with a usb hub, try without it.

--
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

http://lyra.soueu.com.br

  The Tao gave birth to machine language. Machine language gave birth to
the assembler.
  The assembler gave birth to the compiler. Now there are ten thousand
languages.
  Each language has its purpose, however humble. Each language expresses
the Yin and Yang of software. Each language has its place within the
Tao.
  But do not program in COBOL if you can avoid it.
                                                The Tao Of Programing