On Wednesday 29 August 2007, Shane wrote:
>  Hello,
>
>  I've tagged my entire music library with id3
>  replaygain-album and replaygain-track tags which work well
>  with mpg123 --rva-album and mpd but since Freevo 1.7 is
>  using mplayer for mp3 playback, the volume between
>  different albums is often different by a good bit.  I'm
>  wondering if there is a way to have freevo execute a
>  different binary for mp3 files as opposed to other audio
>  types.  That way I could write a mplayer wrapper to extract
>  the id3 tags and append the appropriate -af volume setting
>  to mplayer.
>
>  Tia,
>  Shane

ThereĀ“s already support for xmms... could it solve your problem?

--
Christian Lyra
POP-PR - RNP

http://lyra.soueu.com.br

  The master programmer moves from program to program without fear. No
change in management can harm him. He will not be fired, even if the
project is cancelled. Why is this? He is filled with Tao.
                                                The Tao Of Programing