thanks for the reply Adam but unfortunately it does the same thing with
vlc,mplayer or xine.

If I load a channel, and then press c or v to change the channels up or down,
the media player accepts the input and not freevo

I am using freevo 1.8.1 on ubuntu 8.04
Is there any way to set a flag when running freevo to see what keyboard events
are occuring or any vlc/xine/mplayer options i need to configure in
loca_config.py?
> Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 14:31:58 +0100> From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]> To:
> freevo-users@lists.sourceforge.net> Subject: Re: [Freevo-users] key mappings
> not working when watching tv> > On Thu, July 17, 2008 12:13 pm, Matthew Job
> wrote:> >> > The freevo key mappings are not recognised when watching tv
> using the> > tv.livepause plugin. To change channels for example I have to
> exit the> > media player (vlc in this case) and then select the new channel.>
> appreciated.> >> > Depending on your version of VLC it could be either a bug
> in the plugin or> more likely a bug in the latest release of VLC.> Try using
> Xine as the player set LIVE_PAUSE2_PREFERRED_PLAYER='xine' in> your
> local_conf.py and see if you have the same problem.> > Version > 0.8.6c of
> VLC have a bug in the rc interface code which means> that they no longer
> accept commands from anything other than a tty (even> when using the
> --rc-fake-tty switch). I've raised a bug with Ubunutu 8.04> for this, but I
> haven't got round to testing this on other distros.> > Cheers> > Adam> > >
Are you paid what you're worth? Find out: SEEK Salary Centre
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fninemsn%2Eseek%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fcareer%2Dresources%2Fsalary%2Dcentre%2F%3Ftracking%3Dsk%3Ahet%3Asc%3Anine%3A0%3Ahot%3Atext&_t=764565661&_r=OCT07_endtext_salary&_m=EXT