On Sun, 4 Jan 2009, Redzinalds Knipsis wrote:
> Did you try the mplayer -dumpstream blah-blah from command line? I recently
> got similar problems - fxd and no .ts file, and discovered that mplayer
> claims it cannot find channel I want to record (but I have it in my
> .mplayer/channels.conf). Restart box and it works ok.
> But may be it's just me. Mplayer from svn on gentoo with berkano's overlay.
> Reggie

yes, that command works fine from the command line
I have just modified the VCR_CMD to call a script following the schema here
http://doc.freevo.org/MultiRecordingCard
although only using one card
and this is recording fine, testing still underway....

--
<Knghtbrd> Internet censorship.  Because your children need to be
           protected from naked women, medical procedures, diverse