On Sun, 25 Mar 2012 21:03:41 +0100
Adam Charrett <a...@dvbstreamer.org> wrote:

> > Just to add to what Adam said for recording, I think the commands I
> > use for recording a stream from my Hauppauge HD PVR will also work
> > for recording on the HD Home Run. I added this to the Freevo wiki
> > for TV-DVB config 2 years ago. By the way, after you start the
> > record server, you'll need to open a second terminal to start
> > Freevo. When you go to schedule a recording, it will say the record
> > server is not on. Ignore the warning and schedule one anyway, it
> > should record. Let us know if you have any luck with this.I use
> > video1, since video0 is my web cam. Here it is....
>
> Actually that won't work as the HDHomeRun isn't a device attached to
> a computer, but to the network. You'll need to use netcat (or vlc) to
> dump the stream to disk.

But how does Freevo and livepause tune the HDHomerun?
No use recording white noise
and at this point it hangs, responds to no input from the keyboard and
I have to resort to kill

Freevo 1.9.2 rupstream ready
WARNING: Unable to get channel list for australia.
WARNING: Unable to get channel list for australia.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/freevo/main.py", line 300, in
eventhandler consumed = app.eventhandler(event)
  File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/menu.py", line 801, in eventhandler
    if not isinstance(menu, Menu) and menu.eventhandler(event):
  File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/tvguide.py", line 230, in
eventhandler pi.actions()[0][0](menuw=self.menuw)
  File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/programitem.py", line 179, in play
    self.parent.player('tv', self.prog.channel_id)
  File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/tvmenu.py", line 82, in start_tv
    p.Play(mode, tuner_id)
  File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/plugins/livepause/__init__.py",
line 298, in Play self.change_channel(tuner_channel)
  File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/plugins/livepause/__init__.py",
line 346, in change_channel self.backend.change_channel(channel)
  File "/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/plugins/livepause/backend.py",
line 325, in change_channel
self.controller.start_filling(self.livepause_app, vg, channel,
WAIT_FOR_DATA_TIMEOUT) File
"/usr/share/pyshared/freevo/tv/plugins/livepause/controllers.py", line
192, in start_filling freq, channel = channel.split('.', 2) ValueError:
need more than 1 value to unpack Waiting for event thread