As you have likely noticed, we've had a few conversations on FRIAM
discussing formalisms in complexity:
   [FRIAM] Definition of Complexity
   [FRIAM] Dynamics of Complex Systems by Yaneer Bar-Yam
   [FRIAM] Lyapunov Exponent
   [FRIAM] What have the Romans - sorry - complexity done for us?

You are invited to come chat about all this in person at the WedTech
meeting this Wed, Aug 2.

Due to schedule madness, we'll meet at 1:30, later than usual.  We'll
not need the conference room, so we'll meet at Tesoro so we can lunch
while chatting.  Best to get there a bit earlier so you can order
lunch/greet before we start.

Feel free to think of an issue or stance taken in the email exchanges
and expand upon the theme.  Or come with something new!  Devil's
advocates welcome!

Examples taken from the various emails:
- Hubler's and Gell-Mann's Definitions.
- Thermal Dynamic or Statistical Mechanic formalisms.
- Dissipative Structures, Gradients and Work.
- Few Textbooks covering the field.
- What headway has been made in the last 10 years?
- Define Self Organization and/or Emergence.
- Measures: Reynolds number, Correlation Length, etc.
- What's the rush -- its emerging itself!
- It's not a science but an approach.
- This is silly and you are all chasing your tails!

     -- Owen

Owen Densmore
http://backspaces.net - http://redfish.com - http://friam.org