From: Nicholas Thompson
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:31 AM
Subject: [FRIAM] The first day of the rest of nick's life

[...] One project that seems particularly worthy, whose working name is the
Purple People Project, seeks to provide a web  "dating service" for people
or web "chess club" who want to talk to, argue with, share views with, ,
people who disagree with them on major issues of the day. I imagine a web
interface which would help people find one another and then structure thier
discussions to keep people away from unproductive discourse or perhaps to
guide them toward productive discourse. I think to get it rolling we would
need web people, philosophical people, political people.  What I would love
to think of is some way in which the site could build itself [...] Has
anybody out there had similar thoughts???