Well that curve is the clearest kind of complex systems inforation we
ever get.   This is one beautiful and dramatic bullet of information,
and I think if we ask a hundred systems scientists what it means we'll
get a lot of opinion, much of it not based on systems theory.

I think what's amazing about the curve is that it shows a remarkably
clear dynamic in the trust of the nation, a long period on the same path
of decay.   What I read it as, and others may differ, is that out trust
in war as a response to terror actually never had a growth, climax or
stability period, only a decay period.

Growth curves are usually direct evidence of the regular organizational
development processes of complex systems.   I think we should include
using them to locate physical examples of the phenomena we wish to
model, as one means of finding windows into seeing how they actually
work.

Phil Henshaw                       ¸¸¸¸.·´ ¯ `·.¸¸¸¸
680 Ft. Washington Ave
NY NY 10040
tel: 212-795-4844
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]