In my book - Object Thinking - I referenced a lot of material from this
series of books re: Simula, Smalltalk, and C++ (Java was still absent
from the books) to make the point that a lot of so-called object
languages were never intended to be such and that the only reason they
made the claim was for marketing purposes.  And because programmers
failed to see why the history, purpose, and philosophy of a language was
relevant to using the language, 98% of the programmers still have no
clue how to to OO.

davew