A computer program, currently, is an attempt to mathematize; and the
goal of traditional computer science is to refine the process of
creating a computer program to the purely formal / mathematical.  It is
still an attempt, because a huge gulf remains between what I want and
can say about what I want in a natural language and what the computer
can 'hear' with its mathematical 'ears.'

davew