Hi Owen,

I answered you, but unfortunately my email was rejected:

Your mail to 'Friam' with the subject
   Re: [FRIAM] Brief introduction
The reason it is being held:
   Message body is too big: 615025 bytes with a limit of 90 KB
My answer was:

Hi Owen,

I am not cartesian or reductionist generally speaking.

Cognitive science has taken a great leap forward start a few years ago with
the brain observation tool fMRI. A sample such paper (and one of
path-breaking importance) is attached. Hidden identification is certainly
embedded here.

The big deal that changes analysis is the approximate computation using very
large data bases. This is illustrated by Peter Norvig (director of research
at Google) in http://norvig.com/spell-correct.html. A mega data base is what
makes the Carnegie-Mellon study above analytically possible. (Indeed, the
authors reference and use Norvig's Google data base).

My  "field work" is mostly the creative process I learned from my inventive
grandfather and father + my own inventions. Also, I wrote some papers on the
mathematics of artificial intelligence (I was mostly concerned with cross
correlation and associative inference) for Prof Minsky and others when I was
at MIT, based partially on studies I did in the wild of such things as tree
frogs. I still refer to those papers.

Imagination according to Einstein and others is still the most important
part of the creative mind, but it resists conventional analysis. I talk
about it in the attached draft. I would be interested in your comments.

- Larry

I can email to you as a personal communication the Carnegie-Mellon paper if
you and/or others are interested. In which case, please give me your
prreferrred personal email.