Hi, Owen.

VirtualBox works "out of the box" (wired or wireless) with NAT networking
enabled.  You can also set up a bridge between the host & the guest if you
need a fixed IP address to your guest.  Haven't found any peripherals yet
that don't work.

Re: Marcus' observation that VMWare supports 64 bit guest OS's:  true.  But,
VMWare is slower than dog poo on a Linux host when using shared folders to a
Windows guest.. VirtualBox is fast.

At the moment, I got a virtual Windows XP guest & a virtual Kubunto 8.04
guest cooking away on my Linux host, and I have not found anything that does
not work on the guests.

--Doug

--
Doug Roberts, RTI International