You really have to wonder in a complexity science forum why taking on
endless multiplying complications, as a standard planning concept, would not
be quickly brought into question.   The opening statement in on that CAS
webpage is:

Forget the financial crisis, the true global economic crisis will come in
the next ten years. The end of cheap oil and the beginning of climate change
are the first warning signs. We won’t be able to stop increasing oil prices
in the long term. And we won’t be able to stop climate change and global
warming.

That's only true if the phrase "true global economic crisis" assumes we
don't realize the error in endlessly multiplying the size and complexity of
the system.  Even without any physical resource limits of any kind the
compounding complexity of continual growth makes any system completely
unmanageable.  You get learning demands that exceed the possible range of
learning responses for the parts not changing.   We're supposed to have
learned by seeing the exploding complexity of the financial schemes as the
core problem in the recent collapse.   The central cause of that complexity
was that they were built to maintain financial system growth in the absence
of similar physical system growth.   We should learn from experience.   The
problem of collapse is not with the pins that prick our bubbles but the
pumps that pump them to the point of bursting.

Phil Henshaw