Peter, et al.

I haven't been following this thread perhaps carefully enough, but why not
have every article published and every article rated by a number of stars,
and then everybody could set their browser to the minimum number of stars
we are willing to tolerate.  Those of us who don't want to be subject to
the "peer review" effect, could simply set their browser to read everything
with any stars at all!

The problem, is, that we all want our cakes and eat it to:  To have read
all the zany stuff  that will become next year's big thing WITHOUT having
to read the weird stupid stuff that goes nowhere.  We readers are really
the problem.

Nick

Nicholas S. Thompson
Emeritus Professor of Psychology and Ethology,
Clark University (nthomp...@clarku.edu)