Thus spake Owen Densmore circa 09-10-10 08:26 PM:
> Has anyone read this?
>   http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/octonions/conway_smith/
> I've not read enough Conway and I'm not sure where to start!

So, is it fair to say that octonions are a geometric algebra, even
though they aren't associative?  I think I remember reading somewhere
that they were considered a geometric algebra... perhaps in Hestenes
book or in Penrose's Road to Reality.

But wikipedia claims that a geometric norm _must_ be associative and
that a geometric algebra must be over a vector space with an associative
norm.  WTF?  Is wikipedia oversimplifying?  Or are octonions really not
considered a geometric algebra despite their deep relevance to geometry?

And, more importantly, why do my searches for Clifford fail in Adobe
Reader, but succeed in Evince, while reading the following file:

http://www.ams.org/bull/2002-39-02/S0273-0979-01-00934-X/S0273-0979-01-00934-X.pdf

???

--
glen e. p. ropella, 971-222-9095, http://agent-based-modeling.com