To Mohammed,

I have similar thoughts but rather than a system of Rules I thought of a
system of interacting  self preoccupied emotions. The agent has a roulette
wheel of options with weights assigned randomly to make some choices more
common than others, no fixed rules a priori. Let us assume the wheel starts
out fair. But emotions add weights without public revelation.

For instance if a choice requires effort it is less likely to be
implemented. If a choice requires the sacrifice of resources then again less
likely.

If a choice requires some  one else's effort such as an army it is more
likely to be implemented. The agent explores emotions and options before
making a decision.

It seems that the wheel has numbers for public interest  but something
extraordinary must happen to unweight such options before an agent
sacrifices something. Selfishness does appear to follow some rules but it is
unclear how they are arranged.

For instance in a panic situation women with babies are assumed to have a
priority but unaccompanied children and women  get trampled to death. So the
act of sacrifice for children seems suspect. The assumption that women with
children have priority suggests that society has such a preference but the
way it is selectively implemented is curious. The scoundrel must be aware
that others will make sacrifices that he or she is unwilling to make.

Models have been built for simulating panic scenarios perhaps there lies a
starting point.

I see a programming difficulty where the outcome of some event must iterated
through each agent to get a single outcome.

Vladimyr Ivan Burachynsky PhD

 <mailto:vbur...@shaw.ca> vbur...@shaw.ca

120-1053 Beaverhill Blvd.

Winnipeg,Manitoba, R2J3R2