I'm wondering if anyone has created an academic authors union to put
pressure on the publishers? If authors were to publish under a union,
and allow the union to set publisher restrictions, it would give them
a great deal of negotiation ability. Self publishing would be one
option, but securing better contracts through current publishers would
also be an option.

Greg Sonnenfeld

“The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be
sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite insane.”