Gentlemen,

the DNA is not the only constituent of the functional fertilized egg.
The Cell Membrane and it's enormous complexity is derived from maternal
components.
The mitochondrial DNA is entirely maternal. So it appears all the basic
cellular machinery is maternal since the donor Male component is basically a
simple delivery package it's contents are DNA and not much else as far as I
know.

One can assume the entire cytoplasm is also maternal until the New DNA/RNA
begins to operate.
Additionally each time the cell divides a certain fraction of the cytoplasm
is expelled in order to preserve the valuable cell membrane from being
ruptured.
How much extracellular goop is later absorbed is unknown. Nor whether or not
it was identical with the original expulsion.
Most of these issues seem under investigation by biochemists under the
heading of epigenetics.
The differentiation of cells during embryogenesis is probably governed by
cell membrane stresses and chemical signals leaking from neighbouring cells.

The DNA is sometimes considered as a basic backup pattern used infrequently
or to repair serious damage. Cell membranes are capable of keeping the basic
cytoplasm operating in the total absence of DNA, for quite some time.
DNA by itself as the ruling authority may be a mistake. So reducing
information transmission to amino acids exclusively may be convenient but
overly simplistic.

Oddly the possibility of removing DNA from its pre-eminence in the
inheritance hierarchy seems extremely upsetting to certain dogmatic
positions.
If you use Biology as a metaphor for Computer code you should be careful not
to fixate on that aspect exclusively. Computer code may not be a suitable
metaphor for describing Biology.

Vladimyr Ivan Burachynsky PhD

vbur...@shaw.ca

Sky Drive Site
https://skydrive.live.com/?sc=photos&wa=wsignin1.0&sa=590620289#cid=14A5CDB0
9AEE4237&id=14A5CDB09AEE4237%21727&sc=photos

120-1053 Beaverhill Blvd.
Winnipeg,Manitoba, R2J3R2
Canada
 (204) 2548321 Land