I wasn't referring to the most recent crazy murder-suicide incidents. More towards the fetish folks who collect guns against the day when they'll be able to justify their use. Or the guy who open carries around a handgun loaded with hollowpoints on the day somebody dents his car and he happens to feel cranky.

Per the technical claim, I've actually held to that in the past, but on consideration, I think that there are so many potential avenues for regulation that it no longer seems to me to hold water. The presence or absence of different kinds of weapons (or pharma) changes the conversation (both inner and outer) for better or worse. Folks who are about to lose it are more likely to if the means are available. Certainly simple licensing restrictions may give otherwise volatile situations some room to breathe.

Carl