Owen,

How do you square your pro-HTML5 position with Facebook's backtracking om HTML5 - and returning to the world of actual applications?

Grant

On 1/23/13 6:21 PM, Owen Densmore wrote:
This might be interesting: mozilla and a web-centric phone os. If they really do move the phone world from apps back to webapps, that would be a good thing, I think. At least if they could give the same quality of user experience as a native app.

http://www.iclarified.com/26851/mozilla-announces-firefox-os-developer-preview-phone

I've never been comfortable with the app revolution, moving away from html5/css/javascript. Maybe naive of me. But in terms of security, a whole new set of "logins" on non-web software makes reasonable authentication (Persona & Google's Kill the Password device) harder .. lets keep to the browser, even as an OS.

   -- Owen