Having recently read the long essay featured on the cover of "The
Economist" October 19th-25th issue, "How Science Goes Wrong", it's really
fun to see this.  The Economist article goes into some depth on the failure
and flaws in the peer review process: "Scientists like to think of science
as self-correcting.  To an alarming degree, it is not."

And Roger, especially painful for me, as a full-fledged toiler in the
Happiness Industry and a non-academic Ph.D. consultant to boot, is the
answer from Losada to the request for a response from the *American
Psychologist.*
 “I didn’t have the time to prepare a proper response.  I am not an
academic, I am a consultant to business and I am fully booked for the rest
of 2013. The demand for training in my model has taken all my available
time. My priority is not to publish, but to attend my clients properly.”
 TRAINING iN MY MODEL??  Yipes!

On Thu, Oct 31, 2013 at 11:24 AM, Nick Thompson
<nickthomp...@earthlink.net>wrote:

> Roger, ****
>
> ** **
>
> Speaking as somebody who can barely get his positivity ratio up to 1/3,
> let alone 3/1, I am deeply grateful for this post.    ****
>
> ** **
>
> N****
>
> ** **
>
> Nicholas S. Thompson****
>
> Emeritus Professor of Psychology and Biology****
>
> Clark University****
>
> http://home.earthlink.net/~nickthompson/naturaldesigns/****
>
> ** **

Merle Lefkoff, Ph.D.
President, Center for Emergent Diplomacy
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA
me...@emergentdiplomacy.org
mobile:  (303) 859-5609
skype:  merlelefkoff