On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Steve Smith <sasm...@swcp.com> wrote:

> https://phonebloks.com
>
> I think this is an interesting development...  I think it will be most
> important in the DIY world for allowing semi-custom development of "mobile"
> tools...  I think it also may catch on in the larger popular culture in the
> same way that body modification and accessorizing (bling?) does now.
>
> Not to be a naysayer, but I think it is "before it's time" except for it's
> novelty.
>
> Anyone else looked into this?

Apparently not, unless you include the non-biomass of phones.

I think a "fixable" phone would be good, maybe to the point of early
computers where everything was replaceable.  In our drive to include a lot
in a phone, and to make it small enough, its given up fixability.

Maybe as we can make phones small enough, we'd get back to fixability.  Be
nice to include "bloks" in the mix.

   -- Owen