On 2/18/14 7:31 AM, Steve Smith wrote:
So rather than "knowing the names of the turtles all the way down", I got to/had to make up names for them as I met them, and only later discover that they had been named many times already.
It seems to me the folks that are given the names don't value the names. Clearly there is value in standard language for technical communication, but harder for me to imagine being taught something but otherwise having no intuition for it. I guess that's what many people expect, though?

Marcus